Welcome to Pekin, Illinois – a vibrant community of over 34000 people and the perfect mix of business and pleasure. We’re conveniently located halfway between Chicago and St. Louis (about 165 miles from each), a few hours from Indianapolis, and just 10 miles south of Peoria.
As the county seat for Tazewell County, Pekin enjoys a solid economic base and is home to many professional, industrial and manufacturing jobs – including Pekin Insurance and one of the largest ethanol facilities in the nation! We also support a very successful, city-owned Business Park with a highly skilled labor force to draw on as businesses continue to move in and thrive.
Plus we have the fifth largest park district in the state and four championship golf courses where you can perfect your swing!
Just look at some of the nationally and regionally known companies that have made Pekin their home:
- Pekin Insurance – One of the most successful insurance providers in the country with 7,000+ agents.
- Pacific Ethanol Pekin, Inc. – The second largest producer and marketer of ethanol in the U.S.
- Excalibur Seasonings – Inventor and producer of seasonings and marinades.
- PAL Health Technologies – The second largest manufacturer of orthotics in the U.S.
- Winpak – The largest producer of die-cut lids that cover single-serve containers of food.
- ElecSys – An electrical manufacturing company for the aerospace industry.
- Hanna Steel – A leader in tubing and pre-painted coil industry for over 50 years.
But Pekin isn’t just a great place to do business. It’s also a great place to live! Nestled along the banks of the Illinois River, Pekin’s state-of-the-art hospital and unequaled education system make it an idyllic location to settle in and raise a family.