Just look at some of the nationally and regionally known companies that have made Pekin their home:
- Pekin Insurance – One of the most successful insurance providers in the country with 7,000+ agents.
- Aventine Renewable Energy – The second largest producer and marketer of ethanol in the U.S.
- Excalibur Seasonings – Inventor and producer of seasonings and marinades.
- PAL Health Technologies – The second largest manufacturer of orthotics in the U.S.
- Winpak – The largest producer of die-cut lids that cover single-serve containers of food.
- ElecSys – An electrical manufacturing company for the aerospace industry.
- Hanna Steel – A leader in tubing and pre-painted coil industry for over 50 years.
But Pekin isn’t just a great place to do business. It’s also a great place to live! Nestled along the banks of the Illinois River, Pekin’s state-of-the-art hospital and unequaled education system make it an idyllic location to settle in and raise a family.
City Council Meetings can be watched online. Hit the "Watch This!" View online videos.
City of Pekin - 111 South Capitol Street, Pekin, Illinois 61554 - Phone: 309-477-2300 - fax: 309-346-2095
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm