WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT SEWER & GARBAGE INVOICES!
- Sewer/Wastewater is calculated from water usage information received from IL-American Water Co. that will mirror the read dates and usage found on IL-American water bills. City of Pekin invoices one month behind the water company!
- A volumetric rate of SEVEN DOLLARS AND 23/100 ($7.23) per one thousand (1,000) gallons of metered water consumption shall be applied to all users of the wastewater facilities of the City effective May 1, 2017 plus a $4.10 base rate charge.
- A volumetric rate of SEVEN DOLLARS AND 66/100 ($7.66) per one thousand (1,000) gallons of metered water consumption shall be applied to all users of the wastewater facilities of the City effective May 1, 2018 plus a $4.20 base rate charge .
- The sewer base rates will be charged per month to each user of the wastewater facilities of the City for every user regardless of whether they are present through the winter months, have no water usage, or have had their meter pulled as they are still connected to the sanitary sewer system. The minimum charge will automatically increase each May 1st by $0.10 each year until the year of 2026.
- Invoices are generated monthly citywide.
- The previous read date and current read dates are located in the blue box on your bill. This indicates the metered water usage reported by IL-American Water that is used to calculate current wastewater charges.
- Winter averages will be allowed for residential home owner occupied users. The usage from the months of November through April will be averaged. The average will be billed unless the actual metered usage during the summer billing period is less. If a customer has not been serviced for a full period, an average usage of 2,500 gallons per household will be used.
- Garbage fees will be invoiced to all residential property owners in the amount of $16.00 per month effective May 1, 2017. Rates will increase to $18.00 per month effective May 1, 2018.
- To calculate wastewater charges from your current Illinois-American Water bill using the rates effective May 1, 2018, use the calulations as follows:
Gallons multiplied by $7.66 then divided by 1,000 = Operational Charge
Operational Charge + $4.20 minimum charge = total charge for that month
Example: 5,000 gallons
5,000 x $7.23 = 36,150/1,000 = $36.15 + $4.10 = $40.25
- Go Green! Sign up for electronic bill pay and receive invoices days faster than through US Mail. Visit www.ci.pekin.il.us and click on the “Pay City Utility Bill” link or click the logo at the top of this page. First time users may register and then add your individual utility account or multiple accounts!
If you have questions regarding your invoice, please call or email.