From ever expanding-retail and dining choices to our 395-acre, industrial Riverway Business Park – Pekin is a city on the move. Business developers and site selectors looking to break new ground will not only discover a solid, capable workforce, they’ll also see that Pekin offers a quality of life that is by far the best value in the area. Pekin possesses the perfect balance of business and pleasure, and offers numerous development programs that provide affordable options for retail, professional and industrial businesses.
The Pekin-Peoria Metropolitan Service Area has a population of approximately 350,000 people and is the corporate home to Caterpillar – the world's largest maker of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, and industrial gas turbines. Pekin is also home to the following nationally and regionally known companies:
- Pekin Insurance – One of the most successful insurance providers in the country with 7,000+ agents.
- Pacific Ethanol – The second largest producer and marketer of ethanol in the U.S.
- Excalibur Seasonings – Inventor and producer of seasonings and marinades.
- Winpak – The largest producer of die-cut lids that cover single-serve containers of food.
- Hanna Steel – A leader in tubing and pre-painted coil industry for over 50 years
In addition to being conveniently located halfway between Chicago and St. Louis, Pekin offers direct access to the Illinois River. The City recently completed a more than $30 million expansion of Veterans Drive that has shortened routes for freight trucks by providing direct access to I-474 from the central city.
Ready to make the move to or add a new facility in Pekin, Illinois?
Talk to Pekin's Economic Development Department today and start searching our available properties! Our Economic Development team will actively work with your business to find options, solutions and answers on how you can make your latest venture prosper.